Donation Terms and Conditions
By donating to The Mary Potter Foundation (TMPF) you are agreeing to our terms and conditions including our refund and receipting policy. Please review the following prior to making your donation.
How to pay
Once you have made your selection you will be guided through the payment process. The method of payment on the website is by credit card. We do not capture or store your credit card details, only the authority from our bank that your credit card payment has been approved. If you authorise a recurring donation, your credit card details are stored by our payment processor in accordance with payment card industry standards.
The cards we accept
We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express cards via a secure payments system which is linked directly to our bank, who will authorise all credit card payments. We can accept cards issued in Australia or overseas.
All transactions are processed in Australian dollars.
We issue a receipt with a copy of the payment information received from our Bank for each donation. Donations of AUD $2.00 or more are tax deductible.
Refunds and Cancellations
A refund may be available if you make an error in your donation.
The Mary Potter Foundation recognises that it is possible to make an error when making an online donation or for donors to change their mind about the donation made. It can also occur that an error can be made by The Mary Potter Foundation or our financial institution.
The Mary Potter Foundation will fully examine all requests for refund and endeavour to ensure that genuine errors are rectified, however we are under no obligation to give refunds and the decision on refunds will be at TMPF’s discretion. The Mary Potter Foundation will endeavour to refund donations in the following circumstances:
- If an error is made in making an online donation or if the donor changes their mind, we will honour all requests for refund that are made in writing within 30 days of the date the donation was made. The written refund request must include the details of the initial transaction including date, donation amount, donor's name, ID, tax invoice number and the nature of the error.
- Requests for refund can be sent to The Mary Potter Foundation as follows:
Mail: Accounts – The Mary Potter Foundation
PO 2003 North Adelaide SA 5006
- If an amount is adjusted by The Mary Potter Foundation, the original receipt issued for the incorrect amount will become invalid and a new receipt will be issued for the amount of the adjusted donation.
- The Mary Potter Foundation reserves the right to pass any refund transaction charges on to the donor.
- Refunds will be returned using the original method of payment – if donation has been made by credit card, the refund must be credited to that same credit card.
- Should an error be made by The Mary Potter Foundation or our financial institution(s), a refund of the full amount will be made once we are notified of the error in writing and all costs will be borne by The Mary Potter Foundation or our financial institution(s).
The personal information we hold about individuals is handled appropriately and lawfully. Click here for more detail.